Friday, November 13, 2009

Week 10 Picks



Watching Philip Rivers, LaDainian Tomlinson, and Shawne Merriman triumph over the Giants in the meadowlands in the final minute on Sunday felt like being neutered. I haven't been able to watch or talk about football since it happened. Hopefully, I'll be able to bring myself back this weekend. And, more importantly, hopefully the Giants will pull themselves back together. There couldn't be a more aptly timed bye.




NY JETS -7 over Jacksonville: You can officially bury whichever team loses here. I'm assuming (as I'm hoping the Giants will do this week) that the Jets were able to find their early season form over their bye week. I like them at home in this one.


Denver -3.5 over WASHINGTON: Apparently that Steelers victory made quite an impression on Vegas. Only 3.5? That wouldn't be enough even if Clinton Portis were playing.....which he's not.


PITTSBURGH -7 over Cincinnati: There is no way the Bengals beat Pittsburgh twice this year.


TENNESSEE -7 Buffalo: I said in my week 1 picks that I really thought this Tennessee team was good, especially on defense. I still feel that, personnel wise, they are very talented. Now that they've got some positive momentum, I like them to win their third straight this weekend at home. Perhaps the biggest nonstory in this one is that we're still not sure whether or not TO will play due to his injured hip.


MINNESOTA -17 over Detroit: This line is really steep, and I'd love to take the Lions. BUT, how can I go against the Vikings coming off of a bye week? I can't. But, I really wouldn't feel good laying it down on these 17 points. I'm looking forward to Detroit on Thanksgiving.


NEW ORLEANS -13.5 over St. Louis: The Saints have shown that they can spot good teams double digit points and come back to win. They won't get behind against St. Louis, which means we're looking at complete destruction.


Atlanta -1.5 over CAROLINA: Pass.


Tampa Bay +10 over MIAMI: What a great surprise it was to see the creamsicle uniforms resurfacing. I love those uniforms. I think the pirate on the helmet is badass, and the colors are great. I also like what we saw from Josh Freeman, and I think he and Chad Henne will have a close matchup this weekend.


OAKLAND -2 over Kansas City: The Chiefs have played teams tough on a more consistent basis. But, all logic goes out the window when the Raiders are at home, where they've given San Diego a run for their money and have also beaten the Eagles.


ARIZONA -8.5 Seattle: I really thought that this Seattle team was going to be, at least, as good as the Cards. But, clearly, I misread that one (keep in mind, I also said "I like how this Browns team is built" in week 1).


Philadelphia +1.5 over SAN DIEGO: This is how much I hate the Chargers. The Eagles are coming off a tough loss. They got spanked last time they went out West. So, I think they'll be especially motivated. On top of that, everyone hates Philip Rivers, and I don't think the Eagles are immune to that. They won't let this happen.


DALLAS -3 over Green Bay: Dallas seems to be really hitting their stride. They should be pretty tough to beat from here on out, setting us up perfectly for another epic late season choke.


New England +3 over Indy: The Colts have to lose at some point, and this is the opponent best armed to take them down. Bill Belichick knows what to do.


Baltimore -11 over CLEVELAND: I'll be surprised if there isn't a riot in the stands at the end of this one.

2 comments:

tmbro33 said...

does bill still know what to do?

Nick L. said...

Yep....I sure can pick em this year....