Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August 4th, Time To Start Hating The Chargers

I already had enough hostility for the Eagles, Redskins, and Cowboys. I didn't need another team to hate. However, I began to hate the San Diego Chargers as soon as the less than worthy LaDainian Tomlinson was given a nickname already taken by one of the NFL's all-time great players. And then, once they were already on my shit list, they made things worse. I've never seen a team act more ridiculous after a loss than the Chargers did after choking away a home playoff game to the Patriots in January of 2007. In fact, of the Patriots celebration, Tomlinson actually said, "When you go to the middle of our field and start doing the dance Shawne Merriman is known for, that is disrespectful." He and Philip Rivers are always complaining and whining. And, on top of that, Philip Rivers refuses to swear. I can't get on board with that. I can't stand this team, and I think now is the time to start the 2009-2010 Chargers Hate Train.

To get you in the mood, here is Deion Sanders ripping LaDainian Tomlinson in January of 2008:



Let me just state for the record that I have no ill feelings towards the San Diego cheerleaders, which are the most professional in the entire league.

No comments: