Friday, December 4, 2009

Week 13: Where There are no Picks, Because Only One Game Matters....



After posting a 75% record last season, we see that I clearly can't pick games worth dick this year. I'm not even going to try this week. The Giants Thanksgiving Day humiliation makes it even less appealing. Have I thought about the NFL all week? No. The Celtics are 9 minutes away from sweeping their roadtrip, Kendrick Perkins is fulfilling his destiny to become the second coming of Robert Parish, and Kevin Garnett isn't looking like a gimp. So, I've been enjoying myself in other ways.....

It's been nice, pretending that football is over and I only have the NBA to worry about, but it's not real. But all I've really been doing is distracting myself from the one game season that awaits on Sunday. Call me crazy, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants in the NFC championship game if they can win this weekend. Yes, I know the Saints and the Vikings play in the NFC. But, if they can't win this weekend, Big Blue won't even see the postseason. The stakes are that high. I can't think about it. I just need to wait for it, and then experience it. Thank god for Florida Alabama tomorrow. Without it, this matchup with Dallas would consume me.


I've been hooked on Barstool Sports NY ever since it was launched. No site captures the emotions I feel pre and post Giants game more accurately, win or lose. Today, Scott gives us this masterpiece, which sums up exactly how I feel:

"I feel like Hillary Clinton right now. Because no matter how many different vaginas the Giants slide a cigar into, I’m standing by them no matter what. Through thick and thin. Good times and bad. So they can fuck all the fat interns they want, bottom line is that in the NFL, the best teams in the beginning of December are rarely the teams still standing at the end of January. And thats about all I have to hold onto at this point. And because even with Bradshaw questionable, the entire offensive line banged up, the season-long disappearance of Osi and Tuck, Eli’s foot problems, whothefuckknowswhat with Jacobs, the secondary’s weekly toasting, Pierce’s season-ending injury, and Bill Sheridan’s last few weeks as an employee of the New York Giants, there is not a bizarro world fucked up enough where I would ever pick the Cowboys over the Giants. Because I hate the fucking Cowboys and I never want to see that redneck dickhead Jerry Jones win anything."

Amen. You'd be hardpressed to find a scripture more powerful than that anywhere throughout recorded history. For the next three days, this is my rallying cry.


No comments: