Friday, December 11, 2009

Week 14 Picks: Monogamy Just Doesn't Make Sense For Everyone




Also, Jessica Simpson is now dating Billy Corgan. It's weird because even though I know this is hands down the most badass dude she's dated, it feels as if she's hit rock bottom because he's so old. Good for him though, she's way hotter than any of Tiger's mistresses. I guess there are some barriers that not even Tiger can break: chicks will always take rock stars over golfers. I think the world is a happier place that way.





Anyways, the picks:


INDIANAPOLIS -7 over Denver: I'll be shocked if Indy doesn't finish 16-0.

Cincinnati +6.5 over MINNESOTA: I don't want to be hopping on the "this is where Favre totally self destructs" bandwagon, but I can only go by what I see. I said in our pre-season podcast that even if Favre started well, it wouldn't last. It certainly lasted longer than I thought, but now it seems to be coming to an end. 19 yards last week: Adrian Peterson is not healthy.


TAMPA BAY +3 over NY Jets: I'm going with Josh Freeman over Kellen Clemens because he's at home and he threw five picks last week, which means he's going to be extra careful with the ball this week.


KANSAS CITY PK over Buffalo: The Chiefs were embarrassed by a division rival last week. I like them to bounce back a home here.


GREEN BAY -3.5 over Chicago: Two teams on totally opposite paths here. Despite all the fuss over Jay Cutler this off-season, it will be very apparent that he is the inferior quarterback in this matchup.


NEW ORLEANS -10 over Atlanta: The Saints have had some close calls lately, but this Falcons team is done.


Detroit +13.5 over BALTIMORE: Two touchdowns seems a little steep to me. These Lions play hard, and the Ravens are not so intimidating this year.


Miami +2.5 over JACKSONVILLE: Miami has the right kind of swagger. Jacksonville's win over Houston last week only came with Schaub missing time. They are the ultimate "blah" team.


NEW ENGLAND -13 over Carolina: As long as Randy Moss is on time.


HOUSTON -6.5 over Seattle: This Texans team is so much better than their record. I have a feeling they are going to be like the Cardinals. We heard for years and years about how the Cardinals were going to be a surprise team. They'd show flashes, but wouldn't be able to put it together. Then, last season, after we'd all written them off, they finally prove us right. Not this year for the Texans, but they're getting there.


TENNESSEE -13 over St. Louis: Vince Young is questionable, but I don't really know if it even matters. Yeah, he's been great. But it isn't just him. This is a talented team, and they will all benefit from this momentum.


OAKLAND +1 over Washington: Wow, is this tough. The Raiders have to be taken seriously when they play at home. But, the Skins have been playing way over their heads. Still on the West Coast, I'll go with the West Coast team.


San Diego +3 over DALLAS: It will feel strange to be this happy about the Chargers winning.......


NY GIANTS -1 over Philadelphia: The stakes don't get much higher here. I can't talk about it.


Arizona -3.5 over SAN FRANCISCO: The Cardinals are better than the Saints, and they just spanked the Vikings. Assuming they won't have to play a postseason game outdoors in the cold, don't be surprised to see this team in the Super Bowl.


Again, good for you Billy:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nick L. said...

Well, clearly I was wrong about Peterson. That's a good thing, because I have him in one of my fantasy leagues.