Sunday, October 28, 2007

Week 8 Giants Preview


I'm not going to waste any time breaking down the game today. The Giants are going to win. Hopefully, they'll win by a lot. Between the trade of Chris Chambers, the injury to Ronnie Brown, and the Rams getting Steven Jackson back, I don't think there's any question that this Dolphins team is the worst in the league. The fact that the game is in London is sort of a weird X factor, but I have to assume that it will affect both teams the same way. If anything, the location might work in the Giants favor, as the weather in London will be much more similar to East Rutherford than Miami.

If I'm Tom Coughlin, I'm really not going to use Plax any more than I need to this week. In fact, I don't know if I'd play him at all. With the bye next week, this is a great oppurtunity for him to rest his ankle. The way that our defense has been playing, we should be able to keep good field position all day against Miami. To me, it makes all the sense in the world to not even have Plax make this trip. Have him stay back in New York and get three weeks of treatment before our next game. Unfortunately, I don't think Tom Coughlin is in a position to make a decision like that. If we ever did lose, he'd get crushed.

I've loved watching the Giants this year. Even in their first two losses, I thought they looked pretty solid. Frankly, I can't wait Dallas again. However, I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet. I think that people who aren't Giants fans forget that we were 6-2 last year as well before an epic injury-riddled meltdown. Granted, this year's team has a whole different feel to them. They're fun, they're loose, and we seem to be drama-free. But, I've been bitten too many times by this team. Like the players, I need to take it one week at a time and keep a level head.

I have to DVR the game and watch it later tonight, because I'll be heading to Gillete to watch the greatest football player of all time (Randy Moss). Hopefully the Patriots can knock off Washington today and give us a little breathing room.

No comments: