Friday, October 3, 2008

Take 5 Week 5


I have returned from the bye-week, refreshed and ready to go...For the year I'm 9-6 vs the Spread. Let's get it on...



1) Indianapolis (-3) @ Houston

If the Colts aren't poised for a breakout game then I don't have two middle names.


2) Chicago (-3.5) @ Detroit

The Lions have had miserable starts to every game this year and with Chicago's defense playing the way it is and Orton being efficient enough the Bears should be able to hold off Detroit by more than a field goal. I'm not saying its going to be pretty, in fact I would recommend not watching this game at all, especially if you have money on it.


3) Jacksonville (-4) vs. Pittsburgh

Roehtlisheishberger willed the Steelers t a Monday night win but at this rate he will be doing pregame analysis next to Marino in about 3 weeks. I have to think that the number of sacks allowed + QB yelling at O line - every decent running back on the team = not going to cover. However, Troy Polamalu does have a lot of hair.


***Upset Of The Week***

4) Buffalo (+1.5) @ Arizona

The Cardinals are going to be missing Anquan Boldin and recent reports confirm that Kurt Warner's wife is still ugly.


5) New York Giants (-7) vs Seattle

Seattle should have kept the Sonics and sent the Seahawks to Oklahoma City...doesn't this make so much more sense. Shouldn't Oklahoma have a football team??? Seahawks are 1-7 coming to the East Coast over the past few years. Man, I miss Nirvana.



As promised here are your three 3 team teasers for this weekend's College football games. I'm working on the assumption that your 3 team tease will get you 9 points to work with on the spread for each game. That's the way it works for this guy I know who knows another guy who bets on sports. FYI I get the lines for take 5 off of a site called Vegaslines. There are probably a million other sites to get them from all with some possibility for variation, I just use this one because it looks as though it was designed by an 8th grader in 1997. The pairings of these teases are somewhat arbitrary, but use a combination of any of the teams below and you'll have a great chance to make some money. And if you're always interested like me, Check out Scott Ferrall's free picks here..this guy kicks ass, if you don't have Sirius/XM than you're missing out on his show, its awesome.


The "I never bet on BC because it makes me feel wierd, but I'll do it this weekend" Tease:


1) Wisconsin (+10.5) vs Ohio State, BC (+1) @ NC State, Auburn (+5.5) @ Vanderbilt


The "Making a Run for the BCS" Tease. (Ok Im just kidding about Uconn but they're not getting much respect here)


2) UConn (+16.5) @ UNC, Alabama (-7) vs Kentucky, Missouri (-1) @ Nebraska


The Strictly Home Team Tease:


3) Notre Dame (+2.5) vs Stanford, Michigan St. (+2) vs Iowa, Mississippi (+7) vs South Carolina


Have some fun with these. Sometimes three is better than one, you know?

U. S. A.

No comments: