Saturday, November 1, 2008

KG: The Game Happens Here.

I've been meaning to post this commercial for a while now. They've been playing it at the Garden each night, and I definitely think it's the best commercial featuring an NBA star that I've seen in a long time (and there have been a lot of good ones). The Green are on the road for the first time tonight taking on Danny Granger and the Pacers. I'm going to look back on this era very fondly when I'm an old man.





Last night KG became the youngest player to reach the 1,000 game milestone. His training regiments, both off-season and in-season, are legendary. He's taken a lot of banging, and 1,000 games means there are a lot of miles on those legs. And yet, he hasn't slowed down. He's still a mismatch for virtually everyone who tries to defend him. He hasn't had to tailor his game. He's still arguably the most complete player in the league. Now, he's built like a cyborg, and that helps. But, this guy shows what happens when you take care of your body (maybe someday I'll start). I don't see him slowing down any time soon. I've always felt him to be Tim Duncan's equal (even before he came to Boston). Duncan is hailed by many as the greatest power forward in history. In Boston, KG has a chance now to accumulate multiple rings, and it will be interesting to see how the legacies of these two men are discussed in relation to one another after they retire. As I said, I view them as equals. That being said, I certainly know who I'd rather watch play:






Also, please check out episode one of our new weekly podcasts.

And, here is the link up to our one year retrospective that was posted a week ago (on our one year birthday). If you are new to the site, the retrospective features a collection of posts that spans our history.

No comments: