Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Christmas, 1993.

This is hands down the greatest cover of all time. I've been looking for a video version to post ever since we began the site. Here it is, Blind Melon covering the Velvet Underground in the winter of 1993:




Blind Melon was probably the greatest band of the 90s. I get upset when people pass them over in the discussions. Similarly, Tommie Frazier (who was also playing in 1993) is the greatest option quarterback of all time, and yet I rarely hear his name uttered. Don't believe me? Go to the tape:

3 comments:

Babcock said...

once again you have plumbed the depths of youtube to present us with pure gold. Two great videos, certainly relics of a better time for alternative music and the option.

Demers said...

"letters from a porcupine" is the single greatest song ever recorded on an answering machine.

Demers said...

Now that I watch these Frazier highlights it makes me miss the good ole days of college football. I hated Nebraska but at least they were a fun team to hate. They always seemed like they were from a different planet compared to other teams of the time. If you think about it there are not many teams that were dominant in the mid-ninties still kicking ass. Notre Dame, Nebraska, Florida State, Miami, Tennessee, the Big Ten wasn't filled with frauds yet. Florida was good but USC, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU,the dominant teams of this decade, didn't show much. I think the farther west you get with me the lower interest level I have (except Boise State). That is why Nebraska was great, it was like they were from mars or something. Seriously name the four states that surround Nebraska off the top of your head, not happening. Lets hope that at least a couple of the formally great teams makes a comeback. Those teams just felt more relevant, but maybe its just me.