Friday, July 31, 2009

Update From Justin.Tv: Marbury Was Not Paid


We have received the following information through correspondence with the folks at Justin.Tv:

"Hi, I would like to talk with you about your post that claims we paid Stephon Marbury to broadcast on Justin.tv. That is a complete lie and I'm baffled as to why you would write that, especially without talking to anyone at the company. Please call me."


So, I'll accept that we were misinformed. I've taken down our previous post, which hopefully considered the possibility that Marbury was paid. We had heard some rumblings around here to that effect, and it seemed to make sense. I in no way meant to baffle the people at justin.tv by presenting a scenario in which a professional athlete might require compensation for a live media appearance. It's still hard for me to believe he's getting nothing, but I'll take them at their word.

No comments: