Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Nelson Mandela

I know people are probably sick of us posting nothing but videos for the past month. With nothing happening but baseball, and with the weddings, vacations, and summer programs that have been going on, we have all been extremely busy. However, I promise you that this week we have started preparing to unleash a full onslaught of NFL preview material. You can expect it at the beginning of next week.

In the meantime, another video. As cynical as I may be about ESPN, I really enjoyed the ESPYs. In particular, I thought this video about Nelson Mandela (who won the Arthur Ashe award) was fantastic. I am pretty well read on Mandela, and still I had no idea about the rugby world championships of 1995. It is a great story, and although I am hesitant to weigh sports too heavily among those factors that affect human relations, I don't think there is any denying this story of an example that sports can be a very powerful force in the world.


No comments: