Friday, July 17, 2009

Pacman Jones Vegas Video

Outside The Lines featured new amateur footage of Pacman Jones making it rain during NBA All-Star Weekend in Vegas at Club Minx.



I don't want to paint Pacman as a victim of public opinion, because it sounds like some pretty ugly shit went down after the camera cut out. But, this definitely does not look the way I pictured it looking. From the way it's been described and sensationalized by ESPN, I was expecting to see Pacman pull up in a tank and start shooting the place up. Instead, it looks like he's pretty calm. He's throwing money around, but so are other people (they show them carrying money away in buckets before Pacman even gets going). It also looks like there were more people (Jermaine Dupri) who were riling things up. It seems like whatever the final conflict was arose from many different causes, not just Pacman Jones making it rain. Also, I think Jones's role in the shooting of the employee who is now paralyzed has been a little skewed. I had no idea that it happened outside and that a man hidden behind a tree started shooting when people came out.

Again, I'm not trying to take any stance on this case. I'm just scratching my head. What's happening in this video really doesn't look so bad.

No comments: