Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Roomofzen Archives Part 2: NFL Week 1 Wrap up, 2004.




I always say that I wished we had discovered blogging in college, because that is really the ideal environment from which to blog. When you take into account the number of hours we spent watching and arguing about sports, it easily surpasses your typical 40 hour work week. A creative outlet like this would have flourished under our hands, and it probably would have helped me channel my energy more positively. However, we never knew what we were missing. Instead, the roomofzen found its early beginnings in the Bowdoin Orient, the nation's oldest continually running college newspaper. Sometimes I like to thumb through the archives to see what I thought about various matters related to sports. I like to look back on old NFL previews anyways, to reflect on how much things changed. However, it's even better to do it with yourself because you can really remember things that bugged you (for instance, apparently I felt compelled to call Jerome Bettis a "touchdown thief" in the article below).


This piece was written after week 1 of the 2004 season. According to this article, this is where we started to see flashes of promise in the Cardinals. It is also funny to read about Michael Vick and have the content be strictly limited to football.

No comments: