Sunday, December 9, 2007

Reassurance

Tim Tebow's Heisman victory last night reassured me that not everyone connected with college football is completely incompetent. I don't want to go through all of the reasons I listed earlier about why Tebow deserved this trophy far more than the other three finalists. But, let's just all take time now to realize that denying Tebow this honor would have been one of the biggest screw jobs in the history of sports. He was, without question, the most outstanding player in college football this year. I guess I shouldn't be suprised. The Heisman voters have always done a good job in the end of choosing the most deserving candidate (the one year I had questions was the year that Carson Palmer won over Larry Johnson, but that one really could have gone either way.) Still, this news gives me a renewed sense of hope as we now begin to prepare ourselves for the bowl season. Maybe it won't be as bad as everyone thinks.

Here is Tebow responding to Hawaii coach June Jones' comments about Tim Tebow being a "system quarterback" unlike Colt Brennan. It's awesome because he's basically saying "I'd like to tell June Jones to eat my ass but I can't because I'd get killed in the media, but every person here knows that he is full of shit."



Good stuff, let me just point out two things:
1) June Jones said that the main thing that he was looking for in a pro-type quarterback was accuracy, which he said Brennan has and Tebow doesn't. Tebow threw six interceptions this season, Brennan threw five in one game against Idaho. Just about every game Tebow played was against a team that is better than Idaho.

2) A system can't make someone steamroll would-be tacklers, spin out of sacks, and assert himself as the leader of one of the best teams in the nation as a sophmore.

No comments: