Sunday, March 2, 2008

Laker Mania

Just finished watching the Lakers-Mavs game where Kobe exploded for 30 points in the fourth quarter. You can read about it here.

Yes, believe the hype. The Lakers are legit this year. Nick has been right about them so far in that they're the best team in the West right now and they could beat the Pistons if they met in the finals. At this point, the only team I can see beating them is the Spurs and I can only salivate at the prospects of a playoff matchup between them.

I mean, the Hornets are slumping, the Suns are playing like shit right now, and Yao is out for the season. Add ontop of the Mavs which always flop in the playoffs, and you have Laker Mania in full effect.

For a Wizards fan, it's just fun watching Kobe play the game. I may not like the team, but its always fun to watch a guy who can slash to the rim yet back up and nail 30 footers with no problem. Right now Kobe is living up to his potential, Gasol is a sick pick-up, Bynum will be motivated to play hard when he's back, and even Luke Walton is playing pretty well. The only deficiency I see in the Lakers right now is rebounding, especially on the offensive end. No offense to Eric Dampier, but he shouldn't be getting 18 rebounds.

Sidenote: does anyone else think Jason Kidd's production will fall off sharply in the next few weeks? I know he's been playing well for a few games, but I think he's trying to prove to people that he was worth the trade and the 17 million for the Mavs. I also think he's old and it won't last!

No comments: