Tuesday, October 20, 2009

ROOMOFZEN Fantasy Football Update

Awards

The 2006 LaDanian Tomlinson Top Performing Team of the Week: Flying Elvises hung up 108 points and grabbed a playoff spot for the time being.

The 2009 JaMarcus Russell Low Performing Team of the Week: We all have our down weeks. This week it just happened to be Rogue Trader's 65.26 points that stood out. That's good enough to lose every single matchup from week 6 with everyone else scoring at least an 80. And in typing this I'm heading for a solid 55 next week.

The Clutch Pick Up of the Week: Not a lot to choose from on this one. Put it this way - no one is praising my (Bad Newz Kennels) pick up of Mike Wallace. So I'm giving the hat tip to Movie It Up 5 for grabbing Nate Kaeding. That's 14 points and a comfortable victory. Had Move It Up 5 gone with Rod Bironas, as favre's old balls did, it would have netted him 0 points. Of course both those teams won their matchups and who thought the Titans would be that awful?

Owner of the Best Overall Player: I'm going with ranking instead of points. And the current leader is...Adrian Peterson of Pitino's Spamortion. Although it's worth noting that 5 QBs currently have more points over the course of the season than the former Sooner.

Owner of the Worst Overall Player: Initially I started with ranking instead of points. But I wanted to go with someone who had played in all his team's games to date and started for his fantasy squad in Week 6. That eliminated Chansi Stuckey (sat out the last 2 weeks), Josh Johnson (Byron Leftwich was the starter on opening day) and Davone Bess (bye week). Strangely all 3 of those guys are on Drugs Delaney's roster. But I digress. And the winner or loser is...LenDale White (ranked 1370) of OBI WAN CANOLI. Bonus points because White scored -.50 points and looked atrocious in New England. Of course if OBI WAN CANOLI had dropped him last week I would have swooped in and promoted White over Derrick Ward. As is Ward earned 0 points. So what do I know?

Call Out of the Week: I was all set to call out Nick (Stan Mikita's Donuts) for starting a player (Adam Vinatieri) in his bye week. But then Nick beat me. Now he looks like an evil genius - "Hey Weeks I only need 8 to beat your 9, a receiver (Wes Welker) from your favorite team will thrash you, I don't need Laurence Maroney's 19 points either, and I'll even taunt you with the best kicker in your team's history. Have the Pats won a Super Bowl since he left? What about in 2007?" I haven't seen someone this unnecessarily vengeful since *Rick James assaulted Eddie Murphy's Couch (NSFW). As a side note, I'm assuming that's a Wayne's World reference, but Stan Mikita was pretty cool. Long story short, I'm calling myself out for losing to an undermanned team.

The 2007 Derek Anderson He's Ranked What? Award: That's right Derek Anderson was ranked 9th in 2007. 9th! He's completed 11 of his last 41 passes and has as many yards in his last 2 games (145) as some QBs have had in quarters. Okay I'm too lazy to do the research on that one, but I assume Brady, Brees and possibly Peyton Manning have done it lately. I thought about Ray Rice (5th), but he's freaking awesome and is just coming into his own. I was tempted by Kyle Orton but he out dueled Brady, is 6-0 and once had this picture taken. Orton might have a mustache too. No the winner was drafted in 36% of Yahoo! leagues and usually went around 109th. That's right Cedric "I was cut by the Bears in June 2008" Benson. He's ranked 13th and plays for shotintheleg.

Matchup to Watch in Week 7: We're all looking forward to That's a Tasty Burger facing off against Flying Elvises. They're currently tied at 4-2 and separated by just under 15 points and one spot in the standings. For our purposes let's also pretend they hate each other.

If the Season Ended Today...: Pitino's Spamortion, Bad Newz Kennels, Awkward Silences, and Flying Elvises would make the cut. Of course there's a lot of season left.

Standings:
* It seems like all of those clips were remixes on YouTube.

1 comment:

Babcock said...

Ahh Derek Anderson, I picked him up during Aaron Rodgers' bye week and watched as he put together one of the worst statistical performances I've ever seen completing only 2 passes. I know some guys in other leagues who also picked up Anderson that week, and so we have started a support group tentatively called "Derek Anderson Ruined week 5 For Me"