Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Welcome Back Bill Buckner



Great move by the Sox to have Buckner back to throw out the first pitch. This guy was a great player, and he was much deserving of that ovation. Let's remember, this team is still yet to lose on American soil, and frankly I'm not worried in the least. The energy feels great right now, and I think these guys are about to go on a tear.

I'd like to pass on and agree with this thought from Gary in Deerfield (sent in on Monday): "Listening to Dennis and Callahan this morning the day after Charlton Heston died is worse than the day Reagan died. At least Reagan was the President."

--I agree Gary, I had them on for 15 minutes that morning, and ten of those minutes were spent on the movie Ben-Hur. From what I heard, that sounds like a movie I might skip.


Great to know there's still footage like this out there:



And, while we have videos involving Jesse Michaels, Common Rider was also sick, Last Wave Rockers is a solid album...

2 comments:

Babcock said...

Wow, I just watched the clip on youtube (Ill probably post it in a minute) it was a pretty powerful moment considering all the shit that guy has taken in Boston over the past 22 years. I have to believe that this was a great move for the Karma of the Red Sox season, and obviously it meant a lot to Buckner himself as he was visibly moved. I was proud to be a Red Sox fan watching that. And Dice K looked nasty today too from what I saw.

Anonymous said...

once a loser, always a loser