Sunday, February 3, 2008

Halftime check in

I love the pace so far. In my mind, we're a pass interference penalty away from being tied or in the lead. I may be ridiculed for this later on if we lose, but let me say the following:

In my childhood we had season tickets to the Hartford Whalers for many years. Their departure was very hard on me, and it is something that I will address for the first time on this blog in April, on the anniversary of that tragic day. But, whenever Sean Burke would be playing particularly stellar in net (which was often, he was great. Just never had a great defense out in front of him), they would play "Won't Back Down" over the loud speakers and play a montage of him making saves on the jumbotron in the Hartford Civic Center. These are great memories, and I have to believe that Petty playing this song today is a good omen for the second half. Perhaps it's his way of saying "today is the day you'll finally regret using the great city of Hartford as a pawn in your cruel game Mr. Kraft." Keep the pressure on Brady.

No comments: