Monday, July 14, 2008

Advice on Chipotle

After hearing a lot of positive buzz about Chipotle I'm finally going to head to one thanks to the store locater. I won't actually make it there until Thursday, which gives me plenty of time to get some feedback on what to try. Any thoughts?

Meanwhile, Brazil, Canada, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Croatia, Germany, Greece, Korea, Lebanon, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, and Slovenia are currently battling it out for the final 3 spots in the Beijing Olympics for men's basketball. The qualifying tournament is taking place in Greece and there are a lot of good players there right now. For example Carlos Arroyo. Remember when he did this to Amare Stoudemire?

3 comments:

Nick L. said...

Weeksy, this is great news. Listen very carefully to what I am about to lay out for you.

You will be tempted to go with steak or barbacoa (spicy shredded beef). These are solid choices, and you won't be dissapointed. But, I think that the best meat there is the chicken. Most people pass it up for the red meats. But, it's just seasoned very well. I would go chicken.

Next, black beans over pinto beans. I can't stress this enough.

So, now you've got chicken and black beans. Here are your next steps:

Mild salsa (a must because of the diced tomatoes)

a little bit of hot salsa

sour cream

corn (can't skip it, it can make or break your burrito)

cheese

lettuce

guac (extra charge, but can't go without it)

You will also want to order chips and guac on the side.

Then, when you go over to the sauces, you want the tabasco chipotle smoked sauce. It is dark red. Sprinkle it on as you go.

What one are you going to? If you are going to Cleveland Circle or Dedham give me a ring. I have class from 4-6:30 right by Cleveland Circle so I could meet you before or after.

Anonymous said...

I second Nick's chicken suggestion, although the steak is worth having in the long run.

Babcock said...

I am going tonight to the Hagerstown, MD establishment. Perhaps Weeksy and I can share our thoughts on the experience because the last (and only) time I have ever been to Chipotle was the infamous "Where are my shoelaces?" night. Needless to say , The experience was hazy.