Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I Thought This Was America

I don't watch South Park on a regular basis but I always enjoyed the episode where Kyle and company played on a Little League baseball team. They hated it and did not want to advance. In fact they tried to lose. However, all of the other teams they played were better at losing on purpose. Meanwhile, the parents, like many real Little League parents, were way to into it. This included Randy who frequently fought and yelled, "I thought this was America!" In fact the final confrontation - "Hey bat dad...I didn't hear no bell" - killed me. So much so that included the lead up to it below. In the meantime today's "I thought this was America" moment comes from an article I stumbled upon while researching where to buy fireworks. Granted it is 4 years old. But it raises several questions:

1. Don't police have more pressing issues than staking out fireworks stores that are out of their jurisdiction?

2. What kind of state says a man can't have roman candles and expects sparklers to do the trick? Freaking sparklers.

Here's the article.

No comments: