Saturday, May 23, 2009

Embrace The Long Weekend: The Second Coming




You might think "The Second Coming" was referring to LBJ being the second coming of MJ. But, as Jordanesque as that moment was, I'm going to need to see some rings before I can bring myself to be so bold. Instead, it referred to this voicemail I got from Babcock at 9:10 this morning:

"Hey man, sorry to bother you so early on a Saturday morning. Just felt I had to let you know this big news. I'm driving through Bath, Maine, and I just saw a new building site in Brunswick, North of Cooks Corner. It read "Winner's Sports Bar". A brand new location and a brand new building."


If you don't know about Winner's, which we returned to Brunswick to find demolished to nothing but a scrapheap in October, and the story of how this site got it's name, let Gilby enlighten you. There may not be an actual roomofzen attached to this new Winner's, but the spirit of the roomofzen will still live there.


We've got Conference Finals all weekend baby! Enjoy it, and please, kick some ass this memorial day:




On a totally random note, this post from Christmas 2007 will always be one of my favorites. The site was new, I was trying my hardest to be funny, and I failed at multiple turns. But, overall, I think it still turned out alright.

No comments: