Thursday, May 7, 2009

Marv Albert Knows Assault When He Sees It

I don't think there's any question that Rafer Alston will be on the bench in street clothes for game 3 for his little bitch slap on Eddie House. Marv Albert said it should be an automatic ejection and suspension, and I trust Marv Albert (hopefully he wasn't confusing it with the time he slapped and bit a hooker).

In case you missed it,

Here it is live:




Here it is slowed down with music:




And here's Eddie giving some great commentary on it after the game:




This is not streetball buddy. This is the NBA playoffs. Well, I'm sure Orlando will be fine. They've still got Jameer Nel.....wait a second.....shit.....I mean, they still have Anthony Johnson. He can run with Rondo can't he?

Maybe the dream of banner 18 in 2009 is not dead yet.

1 comment:

Weeks said...

We talked about it last night and I said Rafer would survive. But after seeing how everyone else came down on this I can see I was way off. I still maintain it was weak but allowing slapping is definitely a slippery slope type of scenario. And it's definitely not where the NBA is right now. Having said that I bet the league brass is way more concerned about Rockets/Lakers right now.