Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tuesday Afternoon: Where The Butterflies Are Starting



--It was May 19, 1985, and the Philadelphia 76ers had just defeated Boston 115-104 in Philly to cut the Celtics' lead in the best-of-7 series to 3-1. The next game would be in Boston and a sixth game, if necessary, would be played in Philadelphia.
As the Celtics left the Spectrum floor in defeat, a Sixers' fan yelled at him: "Hey Larry, we'll see you back here for Game 6." Bird, not missing a step or an opportunity, shot back: "You've got a better chance of seeing God."--

From Larry Bird: An Indiana Legend



I know I said on Sunday night that I felt content, but forget all about that. These are the goddamned Boston Celtics we're talking about and I'll be damned if I'm going to let them go quietly against this bunch of pansies from a fake mickey mouse city where fans buy their spoiled kids (I will now always think of that kid as Spaulding from Caddyshack)front row seats, dress them up in "Beat Boston" shirts, and then complain about being too close to the players.

Bill Simmons said it best: if you want to know why people hate America so much, look no further than Orlando.


GET IT UP!

No comments: