Saturday, May 31, 2008

Foil in the Oven: From Mexico

I´m paying by the minute here so I don´t really have any time to analyze the game. A few quick points:

1) Watching the game with Spanish commentary was much more enjoyable and less frustrating than listening Breen, Jackson, and Van Gundy.

2) It is clear to me that the demographic of NBA fans in Central and South America is growing fast. They had viewers sending in questions in Spanish via the web that they answered after every commercial break. The questions didn´t demonstrate a high level of knowledge about the game (one was WHO IS THE GREATEST COACH OF ALL TIME and another was WHY DOES RIP HAMILTON WEAR THAT MASK. But in Spanish obviously)

3) The offensive foul on Pierce at the three point line was horrible. Just ridiculous. Totally absurd. }

4) Until I see it with my own eyes, I won´t believe that this Lakers team is better than this Celtics team. We crushed them before the Gasol move. Now they are the same team minus Bynum and Brown and plus Gasol. The national media seems to think that the Celtics are underdogs and I don´t see why, but it will be interesting to see how they respond to that new role. But, I expect they´ll be favored in Vegas.

5) Don´t forget to buy your Paul Pierce and KG shirts for the Finals!

No comments: