Tuesday, June 24, 2008

So now that the NBA playoffs have ended and the NFL season sits tantalizingly on the horizon and is rapidly approaching, there is no excuse for my participation level to continue to lag. I would like to start by thanking Weeks for his recent post on the cake / pie dilemma. As a huge fan of cake myself I know first hand the unbeatable satisfaction of following a meal with a moist chocolate cake with rich creamy frosting, however I have also felt the bottomless dissapointment and despair that is the "dreadful whipped frosting."

Back to football, I would love to rave about how excited I am to watch the birds this season (and of course I am), however I really can't ignore the fact that all of the areas that were big questionmarks at the end of last season (receivers, D-line) are still pretty big questionmarks. I long to return to the days when I would sit at winners hungover on a sunday afternoon wondering, "the talent, coaching, and motivation are all here, what the hell is going wrong?" The former is far more satisfying than "Why do can't we compete in the division? oh yea, we don't spend any money during the offseason, we don't consider wide receiver to be a "valuable position," and our coach's kids are on drugs and in and out of juvenile detention centers." All this being said I still believe that we will beat the Giants twice because there is now way that team could pull a season like that out of their ass and not see some negative consequences the next year.

Here is Disfear because they rule

No comments: